Eila

Eila

Monday, November 9, 2015

Long past due (date)

Exactly one year ago today Eila earned her first overdue notice.  While her actual eviction didn’t occur until November 14th, she decided to commemorate the day by taking some steps all on her own into her daddy’s arms.  While we don’t have a video to prove it - we have faith that we will get those toddles on film soon enough.  In the meantime, our munchkin is upstairs sleeping off an ugly bout of Croup Cough leaving me with a few free moments to catch up on our Halloween adventures.

We capitalized on a gorgeous Friday afternoon by visiting a local farm and pumpkin patch.

Cute stem!

Cuter babe.

I personally think this particular munchkin is worth slightly more than $.75

Don’t drop that hat on my head, Dad.

Almost 2 pumpkins this year!

At least we know she’s going to be Happy.  As for Adam...I remain silent on the issue.  :)

Enjoying some farm friends.

Getting lost in the corn maze.

I don’t like football!
Having selected the perfect pumpkin for our project, we headed home to put it to use.

Ok, in all honesty, our pumpkin sat on the kitchen counter for a full two weeks before we finally got around to carving.  Better late than never - October 31st seemed like the perfect day to cover ourselves in goo.
Mmmmm - pumpkin brains.  Eila was a big helper.
So what were we so diligently working on?  Hopefully just the first in a long stream of Wilhoit family Halloween pumpkins!

Eila’s not sure what she thinks of this new outfit. 
Getting more used to it... 
Ah - that’s better!  She’s thrilled out of her gourd.  
A peek behind the scenes.  We amused more than one of our neighbors as they walked off the elevator into our photo lab.
A quick bath and a snooze later and it was time for trick or treating.  Mother nature was not agreeable in our area - it poured most of the day, so instead we decided to head to the mall with our small flock.
Eila examines her sister’s antennae.
Birds of a feather... 
flop together.


Hope your own Halloween didn’t leave you waddling!

2 comments:

  1. My of my ... you sure know how to initiate smiles thousands of miles away! I LOVE the #1 pumpkin shell photo opportunity. Anne Geddes photos are poor imitations of this cutest little punkin in the world. I suppose this means that Eila will eventually marry a man by the name of "Peter"? ... Remember the ol' nursery rhyme ... "Peter, peter pumpkin eater, ... OK, OK, I don't like the rhyme very much either, but I sure like Eila's smile. All the other photos ... and the waddle video are terrific as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously can't handle it. The Cuteness Factor is just too overwhelming. Have you ever seen a more adorable flamingo? And the PUMPKIN!!! I must say, however, that pumpkin has me pondering a new standard for the world's most awkward family photo. I seriously think that you and Adam need to join in the experience of donning a gourd. They grow some mighty big pumpkins--I'm sure you could find a couple that would be just the right fit. Oh, what a sight to see!

    ReplyDelete