Eila

Eila

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Cloth windows to the past

We are SO fortunate to have a family with slight hoarding tendencies.  Adam and I have purchased nearly nothing to dress our wee babe thanks to the bins upon bins of clothing that has been lovingly collected, washed, and saved by our families.  Every time Eila moves into a new size I get to dive into a new tub of wearable wonders and find treasures both old and new.

I’m told this Sunday dress was once my own.
I’m sure Eila’s ruffley bum is cuter than mine ever was.
The nice thing about such well-made Sunday clothes is that you can even go for Sunday walks on the water in them!
A family selfie at Chambers Bay on a sunny Sunday.
Hopefully you noticed the super awesome Ergo baby carrier that was sent our direction from the Grosch family.  They apparently loved this carrier as they carted Franklin around a few years back - and we figure that if it was good enough for Big Sky country - it’ll certainly hold up around the Puget Sound.  It’s certainly quite a bit easier to wear than the carrier my own mother lovingly made for me three decades ago.  She must have known that someday I would have a baby with a train fanatic.

Love, like homemade treasures, never goes out of style.  
This retro outfit was purchased by yours truly more than ten years ago for my first born niece, Brooklyn.  It’s been through each of the ladies in our family, since.  
Here’s another ruffley blast from the past.  At first glance I thought I’d be overwhelmed with Eila in so many layers of lace - but it turns out she just became exponentially cuter.

Sunday in Style
Her papa just can’t resist a ruffle bum shot.  
Speaking of Eila’s papa...how’s this for a side-by-side comparison that proves her apple didn’t fall far from her tree...



There’s no mistaking those blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and double chins!

No comments:

Post a Comment